Yield: 2 cups, 12 servings
This topping tastes freshly baked!
- 2 cups raw walnuts or pecans, unsoaked
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, unsoaked
- 8 pitted medjool dates, unsoaked
- 1⁄4 cup whole cane sugar, coconut sugar, or maple sugar (optional, for a sweeter topping)
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- food processor
- rubber spatula
Place the walnuts, coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a food processor fitted with the S blade and process until coarsely ground. Add the raisins and dates and process until the mixture breaks down into coarse crumbs and begins to stick together. Don’t overprocess. Add the optional whole cane sugar and process briefly. Stored in a sealed container, Crumble Topping will keep for one month in the refrigerator or three months in the freezer.
Related Blog Posts: Easy Raw Crumble Topping Recipe