Yield: 2 servings
Eating vegetables in a variety of colors provides a broad range of nutrients. All the colors of the rainbow come together in this salad, making it beautiful as well as good for you.
- 3 cups red leaf, green leaf, or romaine lettuce, torn
- 3 tablespoons Sweet Mustard Dressing or dressing of your choice
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup grated beets
- 1 Roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips (optional)
- salad spinner
- grater, or food processor fitted with a shredding disk
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- cutting board
- chef’s knife, 8-inch
- serrated knife, 5-inch
- medium mixing bowl
- serving plate, large
Place the lettuce and 1 tablespoon of the dressing in a medium mixing bowl and toss gently. Transfer to a serving plate. Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Thinly slice into half-moons.
Arrange the cucumber, carrots, beets, tomato, and optional yellow bell pepper in separate mounds on top of the lettuce. Drizzle with the remaining dressing, and serve immediately.
Subscribe to my newsletter for even more easy recipes, helpful videos and tips!
Related Blog Posts: Eat More and Lose More with Raw Food Recipes
Related Blog Posts: New Colorful Raw Salad Can Save You