Yield: 2 to 4 servings
Refreshing and light, this is especially enjoyable in winter, when fewer fresh fruits are available.
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and cut into segments (reserve juice)
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and cut into segments (reserve juice)
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons light agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest (see page XX)
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- cutting board
- small serrated knife
- measuring spoons
- file grater or zester
- medium mixing bowl
- rubber spatula
Place the oranges, grapefruit, kiwifruit, reserved juices, agave syrup, and orange zest in a medium mixing bowl and toss to combine. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with fresh mint leaves, if desired. Stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator, Macerated Citrus will keep for 24 hours.
Related Blog Posts: Dried Fruits Can Make Easy Raw Food Desserts Calorie-Dense