Yield: 3⁄4 cup, 8 servings
This dressing adds zing and fragrance to even the simplest green salad. Moreover, the taste can be varied by changing the fresh herbs.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs (parsley, basil, dill, mint, tarragon, or oregano)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed garlic (1 clove)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon plus 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- Dash black pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- citrus juicer or reamer
- garlic press
- cutting board
- chef’s knife, 8-inch
- small mixing bowl
Place the lemon juice, herbs, garlic, salt, mustard, and pepper in small bowl and whisk to combine. Add the olive oil and whisk again until well blended. Stored in a cruet or sealed glass jar in the refrigerator, Lemon Herb Dressing will keep for five days.
For Creamy Lemon Herb Dressing: Place all of the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth and creamy.