Yield: 1 serving
This salad makes a sweet beginning to a fall or winter meal.
- 2 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1⁄4 apple or ripe pear, thinly sliced, or 1/4 cup grapes, halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Apple Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans, unsoaked
- 1 tablespoon fresh raspberries, dried cherries, or dried cranberries (see note)
- salad spinner
- medium mixing bowl
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- serving plate
- cutting board
- chef’s knife, 8-inch
Place the lettuce, apple, and vinaigrette in a mixing bowl and toss gently. Transfer to a serving plate and arrange the pecans and raspberries on top. Serve immediately.
Note: If using dried cherries or cranberries, soak them in water for 10 minutes to plump, then drain well.