Creamy Cucumber Dressing
Posted on June 10 2014 | (2) Comments
Yield: 1 cup, 8 servings
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed garlic
- Dash cayenne (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill or basil, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon minced red or yellow onion
- cutting board
- chef’s knife, 8-inch
- measuring cups
- citrus juicer or reamer
- measuring spoons
- garlic press
- rubber spatula
Put the cucumber, oil, lemon juice, salt, garlic, and cayenne in a blender and process on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add the dill and onion and process on medium speed briefly, just to mix. Stored in a sealed jar in the refrigerator, Creamy Cucumber Dressing will keep for 3 days.
Per serving: calories: 126, protein: 0 g, fat: 14 g, carbohydrate: 2 g, fiber: 0 g, sodium: 68 mg
Creamy Red Bell Pepper Dressing: Replace the cucumber with 1 small red bell pepper, chopped.
Creamy Tomato Dressing: Replace the cucumber with 2 tomatoes, chopped. Decrease the lemon juice to 1 tablespoon.