Carrot Salad with Parsley and Walnuts
Posted on March 11 2013 | (1) Comments
Category: Soup and Salad Recipes
Yield: 1 serving
Please diners of all ages with this simple, refreshing salad. The savory lemon dressing balances the sweet carrots perfectly.
- 1 cup peeled and shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, unsoaked
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground pepper (optional)
- cutting board
- grater, or a food processor fitted with a shredding disk
- measuring cups
- chef’s knife, 8-inch
- measuring spoons
- citrus juicer or reamer
- medium bowl
- rubber spatula
Put all the ingredients in a medium bowl and toss to combine. Stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator, Carrots with Parsley and Walnuts will keep for 3 days.
Per serving: calories: 174, protein: 3 g, fat: 13 g, carbohydrate: 11 g, fiber: 4 g, sodium: 320 mg
Carrots with Golden Raisins and Fresh Mint: Omit the parsley and walnuts. Add 2 tablespoons of golden raisins, soaked in water for 10 minutes (to plump and soften) and drained, and 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh mint.