Apple Vinaigrette is delicious with any salad, and will give a welcome sweetness to salads containing bitter greens, such as endive, radicchio, or arugula.
Yield: 1⁄2 cup, 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed garlic (1/2 clove)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper (optional)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- measuring spoons
- small mixing bowl
- garlic press
Place the vinegar, apple juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add the olive oil and whisk until smooth. Stored in a cruet or glass jar in the refrigerator, Apple Vinaigrette will keep for five days.