Energizing-Purifying Juice Recipe
Posted on December 03 2010 | (13) Comments
Category:Raw Juices and Smoothies
This recipe comes from Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 People. It's one of the few recipes that I didn't develop myself. It was a 'gift of good health' from Keyvan Golestaneh, a holistic health practitioner who introduced me to raw food. You can learn more about Keyvan on his website, www.lapishealing.com.
Energizing-Purifying Juice detoxifies the body while providing needed nutrients and energy. It can be a health-promoting daily breakfast or an energizing mid-afternoon snack. And as you'll see below, the addition of just two simple ingredients turns it into a complete meal.
There are several ingredients in this juice, but you can save time by washing and cutting the vegetables the night before.
- Cutting board
- 8" chef's knife
- Citrus Juicer or Reamer
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped green or red cabbage
- 1/4 cucumber
- 4 kale leaves (collard green leaves may be substituted)
- 15 parsley sprigs
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped broccoli stalk (one 4" piece)
Depending on your taste preferences, you may add these optional flavoring elements:
- 1 small red radish (or a 1" piece of daikon radish)
- 1 quarter-inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (about 1/4 lemon)
- Juice the celery, carrot, cabbage, cucumber, kale, parsley, broccoli stalk, and the optional radish and ginger.
- Stir in the lemon juice, if desired (Or you may peel the lemon, and put it through the juice with the vegetables)
- Serve immediately.
You'll be amazed at how good this juice tastes and how wonderful it makes you feel!